http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=011b0e1c7eab2cd9745a9b95c0214b62%40disastry.dhs.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 04:17:14 +0200
Sender: Anonymous sender <mix@hackserv.saiknes.lv>
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <root@hackserv.saiknes.lv>.
Subject: Armstrong Contrary Facts #6
From: File_Clerk@anon.lcs.mit.edu
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

A. THE STATED "FACT":

"I never clamored to the...press that Hubbard is dead, your assertion
that I did so is a lie."
Gerry Armstrong

B. THE CONTRARY FACTS:

"The oldest son of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard believes
his father is either dead or mentally incompetent, according to a
petition filed in Superior Court.
"...Gerald Armstrong, a former personal aide to Hubbard, also said
last week in an interview with the newspaper that Hubbard may be dead.
He said Hubbard suffered numerous medical problems, twice requiring
hospitalization in the 1970s. Armstrong was a member of the church for
12 years before leaving it last year."
The Associated Press
November 13, 1982, Saturday, AM cycle
SECTION: Domestic News
LENGTH: 691 words
HEADLINE: Son Believes L. Ron Hubbard Dead
Or Mentally Incompetent
DATELINE: RIVERSIDE, Calif.

"Gerald Armstrong, a former personal aide to Hubbard, said he last saw
Hubbard toward the end of last year [1981].
"'His weight was way down,' Armstrong said. 'He was very shaky. He
always shook a lot. His hands were never steady. I felt he looked very
weak and drawn.
"'There is every chance that the man is in fact dead,' he added."
U.P.I.
November 14, 1982, Sunday, AM cycle
SECTION: Domestic News
LENGTH: 421 words
DATELINE: RIVERSIDE, Calif.

"...'I think L. Ron Hubbard is either dead or he's being kept locked
up by this group of people who have taken over,' Mr. [Gerald] Armstrong
said."
The New York Times
January 6, 1983, Thursday, Late City Final Edition
SECTION: Section A; Page 1, Column 2; National Desk
LENGTH: 2281 words
HEADLINE: FIGHT OVER FUNDS DIVIDES SCIENTOLOGY GROUP
BYLINE: By ROBERT LINDSEY, Special to the New York Times
DATELINE: LOS ANGELES, Jan. 5