http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=TGDQ1YZM37680.524224537%40Gilgamesh-frog.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

From: CL <cl@canyonlycanthrope.moon>
Subject: Re: The Clients of Michael Flynn
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: 28 Feb 2003 12:36:31 +0100

Sometimes top-posting is called for. This is one of those times, and I'm
not ~just~ top-posting, anyway, so to all ankle-biters: SIT! STAY!

First, Cambridge: I just want to extend my vote of thanks for your work,
to you and all who contributed to it. It is a ~very~ valuable
contribution. I very much appreciate all that's gone into it, and I can
certainly use the information in it, and I believe a LOT of people can
and will. Of course there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth and
foaming at the mouth by the a.r.s. tribe, which I guess you've come to
expect. And, of course, you've already earned your Great Grey CLuster by
joining The AnonyBlob that consumes and assumes anyone and everyone who
posts here who doesn't bow down before Chris Owen and chant The Official
Story by heart and burn DM in effigy and rattle gourds with the tribe.

Here's the secret invisible sign so you'll know I'm one of you:

Hey, okay! Nah, you're just saying that! Thanks! You too. (That will be
FAR more understandable to the gourd rattlers than actual facts ever
are. Hell, you give 'em a fact, they try to comb their hair with it or
something. But they'll be staring at that blank patch and nodding and
pointing and grunting for days. I figured it would keep 'em busy so we
could get something done.)

I do have a few notes to add to what you wrote, for what it's worth, and
hopefully it will make some kind of contribution.

Cambridge <cambrdge@ivy.league> wrote:

>The lists following have been excerpted from a study of the civil
>cases of attorney Michael Flynn against Scientology organizations and
>individuals. The study is being conducted pro bono publico by an
>independent and impartial group of researchers.
>
>Although our study is incomplete, it has been requested that we
>publish a list of the Flynn clients. This is an attempt to be
>responsive to that request, but does not pretend to contain a final
>list of the clients. Part of the reason is that, so far, records
>cannot be found to support claims made to the press by Michael Flynn
>concerning the number of cases he filed and clients he had. Another
>reason is that some of the suits became combined, further
>complicating the analysis of available records and making an accurate
>count of clients, per se, difficult. Additionally, there is evidence,
>some of it included below, showing that Flynn himself engaged in
>fraudulent practices to inflate and cloud the record concerning the
>number of clients and cases he had.
>
>In addition to clients, Michael Flynn also gathered to himself a
>cadre of witnesses who testified in various trials and in hearings
>orchestrated by Flynn and his law associates. Some of these witnesses
>became his clients. The ones who are not known to have become clients
>are being listed separately herein.

One person you don't list who I think DEFINITELY has GOT to be listed
somewhere in this Flynn clusterfuck is John McLean. I don't know of him
specifically ever being pinned down anywhere as actually being a
"client" <SPIT!> of Flynn, but I think he was, jointly with Nancy (Nan)
McLean. (He also became a darling of the IRS in the CSC v. Commissioner
case, which I'll get to.) You have Nan and Nell McLean listed on the
"clients" list, and I don't know where Nell McLean fits in. But Nancy
and son John were busy whooping it up, raising all kinds of holy hell
against Scientology, as far back as November 1975--first somewhere in
Canada (yes, yet more Commonwealthers), then in Clearwater--and wound up
in a law suit together, which I THINK was being run by Flynn, but I
never could nail that down totally.

This McLean mess is something I tried to unravel myself some time ago,
because there are some VERY weird connections in all of this, especially
with John McLean, and it seems like they all connect ultimately to Flynn
somehow, AND to the IRS, but I gave it up some time back going off down
some other trail. I still have the data I'd collected on Clan McLean
pretty well organized, though, so I'm going to include it here and dump
it on YOU to figure out. :-)

You may already be way ahead of me on this, but I have some things on
the McLeans that I believe are going to plug into the "statistically
unlikely network of past connections" part of your study, so I'll snip
to there:

>The next step was an inspection of the backgrounds and places of
>origin of some of the people who could be confirmed as having been
>Flynn's clients. Although there was some greater statistical
>distribution of background and origin, a very curious concentration
>of clients from Nevada emerged, making for a still more contorted and
>surreal picture.
>
>Further tracing of the paths and histories of these individuals began
>to draw such a statistically unlikely network of past connections
>amongst so many of them, that a good portion of the findings of our
>study is devoted to documenting these remarkable coincidences of
>prior location and activity, all preceding their apparently discrete
>and independent later association with Flynn.

Okay, THIS is DEFINITELY the category where the McLean-O-Rama has to go,
and if you don't already have this, you might need to expand your
concept of "statistically unlikely," because the first McLean incident I
have, which comes in February of 1971, not only makes my flesh crawl, it
makes it crawl OFF, and across the room.

Before I can even get to that, though, I've got to establish some VERY
relevant background concerning IRS, and what ~those~ slimy fucks have
admitted they were doing during 1971--and had been doing from at LEAST
1969, and continued doing until at LEAST 1975 (that's what they were
willing to admit to, anyway). So here's that background, as admitted by
the Tax Court. (They used "respondent" for IRS and "petitioner" for CSC,
so I've replace those so it's easier to follow. If they don't like it,
fuck 'em--they can sue me):

"IRS formed and maintained special intelligence units to
collect information about certain taxpayers, apparently
selected by essentially political criteria... . Two of these
units, the Special Service Staff [SSS] (at first called the
'Activist Organization Committee') and the Intelligence
Gathering and Retrieval Unit [IGRU], were part of IRS's
National Office. The third unit, the Case Development Unit,
was part of the Los Angeles District Office. All three
collected information about CSC."

Now, since IRS is crawling with lawyers, and since the royal shitheads
of the Tax Court who wrote the above squirm were FIRST belly-crawling
lawyers before they got issued robes and learned to sit more or less
upright when sober, I take VERY careful note of EXACTLY what they say,
and I want to point out that their saying "to collect information" is
NOT an EXclusive statement. Not at ALL. In other words, it says NOWHERE
that "collecting information" is anything that the covert intelligence
unit of IRS were LIMITED to doing. The statement by the Tax Court does
not EXCLUDE ~any~ other activities they might have been doing, it just
says ONE thing they WERE doing was "to collect information." <SPIT!>

So now, with a FULL understanding of that background of crawling covert
IRS "intelligence units," here is this first McLean incident. And
speaking of "statistically unlikely," when you give this first entry to
your statistician, I strongly recommend that you break it
gently--otherwise it might give her whiplash:

A plane leaves Los Angeles bound for Madrid via New York.
Three (or four) of the people on the plane are destined for
the Apollo, which is in Tangier, Morocco. The known three
are: John McLean, Gerry Armstrong, and Susan Meister. (There
is probably a fourth, who might be Nancy [Nan] McLean.)
Gerry Armstrong has just come from a Scientology ship, the
"Bolivar," in San Pedro, where he has done part of an "Able
Bodied Seaman" checksheet, and which also happenes to be
where Scott Mayer is. In New York, Foster Tompkins boards
the flight, which then proceeds to Madrid. The five recruits
are met at the Barajas airport in Madrid on 19 February 1971
by Mike Douglas (later to be husband to Kima Douglas). Mike
Douglas is the Deputy Ship Captain, direct junior to Captain
Norman F. Starkey. The recruits are taken to the "Mission
European Agency" (MEA) apartment in Madrid and briefed prior
to traveling by train and ferry to the Apollo.

Okay, so in one happy day in February 1971, we've ALREADY got
Flynn-to-be clients Gerry Armstrong AND John McLean AND Mike Douglas
(and most likely Nancy McLean as well), ALL in one place at one time
WITH Susan Meister, who within five months will be found in a cabin of
the Apollo with a bullet in her head, and whose father will then become
a witness for Michael Flynn at the Clearwater hearings. And all of them
are all up in there with the Lenskes' handmaiden Stormin' Norman
Starkey, and Armstrong just fresh from a few weeks on the "Bolivar"
spent with Flynn-to-be witness Scott Mayer--whose FATHER, just BTW,
according to Mayer's own Clearwater testimony, is "Intelligence Aide to
the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the Pentagon." And just to
round out our profile of Mayer, he says in his testimony that he,
himself, had "extensive intelligence and...counterintelligence
activities in the armed forces," going on to boast, "I've worked in
intelligence, Naval Intelligence."

Not ONLY all of ~that~, but later, beginning on 10 November 1980, BOTH
Scott Mayer AND John McLean will end up being ~key~ people FOR the IRS
in the CSC v. Commissioner case: McLean will give KEY "testimony"
leading to the Tax Court ruling against CSC, and of course Mayer sits in
court holding the hand of IRS's counsel Martin D. Cohen, Mayer being
PERSONAL consultant to the fucking COMMISSIONER of IRS. (And you thought
I was ~kidding~ about the flesh crawling thing.)

How are your "statistically unlikely past connections" doing now? Okay,
so, everybody got color back in their faces yet? Hey, SSS or no SSS, we
gotta' move on:

Gerry Armstrong and John McLean are both working in Division
4 of the Flag Ship Org on the Apollo. Armstrong is "Boats &
Transport I/C," McLean is "Construction Officer, Carpenter."

John McLean has been sent on a mission requiring him to
carry an unknown quantity of cash. On this date he reports
the cash has been stolen.

The Apollo is docked in the Moroccan port of Safi. At 7:35
p.m., Susan Meister is found lying across a bunk in the
locked cabin of Chief Officer Amos Jessup with a bullet from
Peter Gillham's .22 target revolver in her head. (Susan
Meister's father later testifies: "She was lying there with a
bullet hole in her head. Her arms were crossed on her chest,
and in the middle of her breasts on her arms--or underneath
her arms was this .22 caliber, long-barrelled revolver. How
could anybody shoot themselves in the head and then put the
gun on their breast, being between two clasped hands--how do
you do that? How can you shoot yourself in the middle of the
head with a long-barrelled revolver, holding it out like
this?") [NOTE: Amos Jessup will later be on the mission
involved with Morocco's security chief, Oufkir, when Oufkir
attempts a failed coup against Hassan II.]

1 c. September 1972
Ken Urquhart, "LRH Pers Comm" (LRH Personal Communicator)
puts L. Ron Hubbard "on a plane to New York."

Allegedly, an "HCO Policy Letter" is written on this date
titled "Repayment or Due Money Collected for LRH Personally."
No surviving copy of this alleged "Policy Letter" exists. It
creates the post of "LRH Accounts Officer," and is signed:
"LRH Accounts Officer and LRH Pers Comm by order of L. Ron
Hubbard FOUNDER." (The "LRH Pers Comm" was Ken Urquhart.
There is no record of who the "LRH Accounts Officer" was who
wrote the PL with Urquhart creating the post itself.) This
policy letter is CANCELLED two days later [see entry for 9
September 1972], but is later quoted IN FULL by the Tax Court
in CSC vs. Commissioner of IRS as primary evidence, saying
that this policy "clearly establishes that payments, other
than salary and royalties, were being made by [CSC] to L. Ron
Hubbard under the guise of debt repayments." The Tax Court
goes on: "Additionally, it is obvious from this policy letter
that the so-called debt repayments were not just for money
advanced by L. Ron Hubbard to [CSC] but were also
compensation for L. Ron Hubbard's past work in developing
Scientology and for the use of his name." Although CSC
"objects" to this HCO PL being used as such "evidence," of
course the Tax Court rejects those arguments with the
following: "John McLean...credibly testified that, during the
fall of 1972, statistics were posted aboard the Apollo each
week showing the amount of weekly payments to L. Ron Hubbard.
According to McLean, the weekly payments to L. Ron Hubbard
which were posted pursuant to the policy letter of September
7, 1972, ranged between $7,000 and $22,000 per week. We
credit McLean's testimony on this point."

An HCO PL is purportedly written, "LRH Income," which
purportedly cancels HCO PL 7 September 1972, "Repayment or
Due Money Collected for LRH Personally," which had been
written two days earlier by Ken Urquhart and an unknown "LRH
Accounts Officer." There is no record of who wrote this
policy letter, and no copy of it is in any of the OEC Volumes.

Okay, I know all the gourd rattlers out there are caking on the war
paint right now and probably mutilating their bodies, over somebody even
MENTIONING that their High Priest, Ken Urquhart, but ~I~ couldn't make
this shit up on a salary. The 7 September 1972 entry above is DIRECTLY
from the US Tax Court CSC vs. Commissioner case, and go look for
YOURSELF if you don't want to believe ME. So, YES, Urquhart supposedly
put L. Ron Hubbard on a plane for New York, waited a week, and sat down
with SOME-FUCKING-BODY and wrote "Repayment or Due Money Collected for
LRH Personally" while L. Ron Hubbard was "in New York" (in a fucking
DEEP FREEZE more likely), then CANCELLED it TWO FUCKING DAYS LATER, but
handily kept a copy around so the IRS could SOMEHOW get hold of it and
use it to rule "inurement" based on John McLean's TESTIMONY of how much
was "paid to L. Ron Hubbard" while L. Ron Hubbard was supposedly IN
HIDING IN NEW YORK, all based on this "HCO PL" that was "in effect" for
TWO ~FUCKING~ DAYS.

I ~swear~ to GOD, that's how it was done, and it only took two people:
Urquhart and John McLean--oh, yeah, and the mysterious "LRH Accounts
Officer" who SOMEHOW managed to help write the VERY policy letter that
CREATED the fucking post. It's like being God and creating yourself, and
then going up into the sky in a Chariot of Fire two days later. Ahhhh,
~FUCK~ it, let's go see what else John-Boy McLean gets into.

Well, it seems his work on the Apollo was done, because when we next
hear of him, he's providing the "reason" for... . Ohhhh, dear God....

15 c. November 1975
Quoted from GO "Chronology" of Gerry Armstrong attached to an
Armstrong legal filing: "Gerry has just earlier been on leave
to visit and handle his family. Found they had been getting
entheta from the McLean articles. His mother is antagonistic
to both him and to Terry [sic: Terri Armstrong, Terri Gamboa]
at first, but this does eventually get handled. Also during
this visit there is a letter given to Gerry by his mother,
from a former girlfriend who apparently still carries the
torch - though she has been married herself for 3 years.
Gerrys mother is asked to pass the letter on to Gerry in
'your usual discreet manner.'"

Well. Heh. So there are "entheta" "McLean articles" making the rounds in
Canada. Heh. Well, of COURSE, then, Gerry and Terri have to take a
little trip. A "leave." Heh...

"Ex-Scientologists: City is World Base--John McLean, a former
third mate in Scientology's Executive Sea Org., said in an
interview on WTVT TV that the Fort Harrison Hotel is
definitely the world headquarters of Scientology." Clearwater
Sun

Well, now, for SOME fucking reason, Canadian John McLean, who apparently
has LEFT Scientology and been spreading entheta in Canada, NOW just
HAPPENS to wend his way down to Clearwater, Florida, JUST when the Flag
Land Base is being established there. For WHAT? We have NO ~fucking~
idea...

"Defectors Paint Unnerving Picture of Scientology--Interview
with Church dissidents Nan & John McLean." Clearwater Sun

And he brought Mom along for the Florida vacation. All expenses paid?
Who the ~FUCK~ knows...

"Critics and Crowd Loudly Denounce Scientology Group--A
meeting held by broadcaster Bob Snyder in the Fine Arts
auditorium of the Clearwater campus of St. Petersburg Junior
College was attended by a crowd of approximately five hundred
anti-Scientologists who gave standing ovations to Snyder's
two guest speakers, former Scientologists Nan and John
McLean." Clearwater Sun

"Scientology Tax Talks Indicated--Former high ranking
Scientologists Nan McLean was to meet with State Attorney
James Russell in connection with his investigation of the
Church's request for tax exemption." St. Petersberg Times

Why, Clan McLean is getting involved in TAX issues! Now, THERE'S a
surprise!

"Critic of Scientology Meets With Russell--Scientology critic
Nan McLean spent more than five hours with State Attorney
James Russell discussing Scientology. McLean was also served
with a subpoena to give a deposition for the Scientologists
in their one million dollar civil rights suit against
Cazares." Clearwater Sun

And so THERE we have Flynn-to-be client Cazares now joining forces with
Clan McLean. Now, don't go breaking your statistic-o-meter: this is all
just the mysterious and unseen hand of God gently guiding the lives of
his chosen flock on their Holy mission against the evil Satan, ElRon.
No, really...

"Station Looks to Scientology Debate--Scientology spokesman
Fred Rock challenged radio personality Bob Snyder and former
Scientologists Nan McLean to a debate." Clearwater Sun

"Scientologists File Slander, Libel Charges--The Church of
Scientology filed a $300,000 libel and slander suit against
Nancy and John McLean." Clearwater Sun

Well... . Gosh. ~I~ didn't see ~that~ train coming. Did ~you~?

And so whatever happened to that libel case filed against Nan and John
by the ephemeral "Church of Scientology"? Who the ~FUCK~ knows (but stay
tuned). At least Clan McLean is sufficiently celebritized for their
coming Flynnship, and so what's the next we hear of John McLean? Well,
we have to come all the way up to 1981, to the United States Tax Court
in Los Angeles, to roughly March 1981, JUST before Norman Starkey and
Terri Gamboa "hire" Lenske, Lenske & Heller, and we enter the air
conditioned ambience of the Tax Court and find our old friend and Naval
Intelligence officer Scott "Scotty" Mayer--Flynn-to-be witness, and
personal consultant to the IRS Commissioner--sitting in the IRS pew
holding hands with IRS counsel Martin D. Cohen. And the witness, John
McLean, is called to the stand. And he gives all his damning testimony,
about which the Tax Court gives the following glowing review:

1 c. March c. 1981
"The most sterling witness among the many former
Scientologists who testified was John McLean. [CSC] tried
very hard to impeach his testimony since he had damaging
things to say. He told about orders to falsify records,
direct payments to L. Ron Hubbard, the removal of money from
secret Swiss bank accounts and the Church's heavy emphasis on
making money. [CSC] tried hard to impeach three collateral
aspects of McLean's testimony: (1) that McLean travelled to
join Flag in 1971 with a man named Foster Tompkins; (2) that
Flag kept statistics on 'paid completions' in May 1971; and
(3) that McLean's salary was suspended for a time as
punishment. The impeachment failed."

_______________Oh! Oh, I'm sorry? Are they done? I was just out leaning
over the balcony puking into the bushes. My doctor calls it "Bob
Syndrome," whatever the ~FUCK~ that means.

So NOW let's see if we can find out what happened to that libel suit
against the McLeans, and how all of this might have anything to do with
Flynnship. And the next thing we know:

"Sect still scrapping in five local lawsuits...Nancy and John
McLean vs. the Church of Scientology--Formerly high-ranking
church officials, the mother and son filed suit against the
church in Tampa federal court in February 1981. The suit
contends the church harassed them with lawsuits and invaded
their privacy. Hubbard and his wife, Mary Sue, are named as
defendants in the case." Clearwater Sun

Say ~ W H A T ?! ~ Now Clan McLean has turned the tables, and is suing
"Church of Scientology"? WTF? Well, now, I WONDER who the ~FUCK~ this
might be connected with. Hmmmm, well, this ~is~ appearing in the
Clearwater Sun just FOUR DAYS before the Flynn hearings start, with IRS
consultant Scott "Scotty" Mayer, Ronald DeWolf, and friends descending
on Clearwater--including the father of Susan Meister.

Well, now, wait a second. That 2 May 1982 Clearwater Sun article said
there are FIVE law suits. Let's see who some of the OTHERS named are:

Gabrial and Magaret Cazares vs. the Church of Scientology of
California (Flynn client)

Tonja Burden vs. the Church of Scientology (Flynn client)

And wait ANOTHER second! Aren't there a few OTHER people in Clearwater
right around this VERY same time, during the Clearwater Hearings, at
least ONE of them being too shy and unassuming to make an appearance.
Why, YES, there are! It's these folks:

According to the affidavit of Lavenda Van Schaick, Gerald
Armstrong delivers approximately $5 million dollars worth of
stolen intellectual property, belonging to L. Ron Hubbard, to
attorney Michael Flynn on or about 9 May 1982, having
transported the stolen property across the country and
therefore across state lines. 9 May 1982 is the date on which
the affiant, LaVenda Van Schaick, testified in the Clearwater
hearings referred to in her affidavit.

Well, HELL! This is like "19 FEBRUARY 1971 REUNION." The gang's all
here! (Well, not quite--Susan Meister couldn't make the party, and Mike
and Kima Douglas haven't joined quite yet.) But, heck! It's like old
home week!

And do you know what happens the VERY NEXT DAY, kiddies, on 10 May 1982?
The Old Man of the Mountain, old Elron himself, the missing, elusive,
mysterious Elron, presents himself in some unknown secret location in or
around Los Angeles, California to sign SIX--count 'em, SIX--MAJOR
fucking legal documents that had been drawn up by Lenske, Lenske &
Heller:

Option Agreement (LRH/CST)
First of SIX separate documents dated 10 May 1982, this
Option Agreement between L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of
Spiritual Technology (CST) is not available, but is
referenced in two other documents. The only problem is that
CST didn't exist when the agreement was signed.

ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT (LRH/RTC)
(Advanced Technology--U.S.)
This is the Assignment to Religious Technology Center (RTC)
of limited rights, exclusive of copyrights, for delivery of
the Advanced Technology ("AT"--OT Levels, NOTs, etc.) in the
United States. This document contains the first known
reference to Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), itemizing
that corporation's certain options. The problem, though, is
that CST didn't exist at the time.

Assignment Agreement (LRH/RTC) (Marks)
Described by one observer as Meade Emory's finest and most
subtle fraud, this document pretends to assign (transfer,
give) certain important trademarks to Religious Technology
Center (RTC). It was all a huge con, because all commercial
rights in all those marks were retained for the Hubbard
estate, later to be given to CST.

Last Will and Testament of
Lafayette Ronald Hubbard
"L. Ron Hubbard" certainly was busy signing and not signing
documents on 10 May 1982. Here it's a new Will. This one,
Sherman Lenske says he only "assisted" in drafting, and we
know who he assisted: it was former Assistant Commissioner of
IRS, Meade Emory. This Will makes first reference to
"Author's Family Trust" (see below).

Author's Family Trust
This was Meade Emory's whole trick for getting the copyrights
sneaked over to CST, he hoped without anybody noticing (Hi,
Meade.) He generated so much confusion by later creating
Author's Family Trust-A and Author's Family Trust-B (which is
an amendment and restatement of this one).

Business Management Agreement (LRH/ASI)
He just had to have had writer's cramp by this time after
signing all these documents on 10 May 1982, but the missing
L. Ron Hubbard signed one more: an agreement with the
for-profit corporation Author Services, Inc. (ASI) to handle
his publishing, business, and tax affairs (Hi, Meade). Like
several of the other documents signed this date, only IRS,
CST, and, presumably, ASI have copies of it. We know it
exists because it was cancelled by a later agreement between
Norman F. Starkey as Executor of the Estate and ASI. So we've
taxidermied and mounted it here. The IRS has a copy of this
phantom "Business Management Agreement," though.

And then, just as magically, he faded back into invisibility, never to
be seen alive again. (Sigh). It's such a beautiful story. <Sniff>

I guess Sherman didn't want to upset Hubby at the signings and mention
that Gerald Armstrong had just delivered FIVE FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS
WORTH of Hubbard's original works all the way across the country to an
attorney, Michael Flynn, who at the time purportedly had TWENTY-SEVEN
LAW SUITS against Scientology and Hubbard. I guess that would have sort
of put a damper on the signing party, huh? You think?

But our story is about Clan McLean, and we hear no more of Clan McLean
until nearly four years later, in one of the WEIRDEST twists on this
you'll ever want to encounter, anywhere, any place, any time. Like a
chapter out of "Through the Lookin Glass," here is a newspaper account
of two "mock trials." I swear. I couldn't make this up. And one of them,
the one that most of the story is about, is a KNOWN Flynn client, Tonja
Burden, so I can only assume that the other case discussed--Clan
McLean--is, too. If I paraphrased this nobody would believe me, so here
it is:

"A six-member jury at a mock federal court trial has
recommended Tanja C. Burden, a Las Vegas cocktail waitress,
receive $325,000 damages from the Church of Scientology.
"The two-day trial before U.S. District Judge Elizabeth
Jenkins that ended Tuesday was designed to allow lawyers and
clients on each side of the suit to see how their case would
fare in a full-blown trial, thus encouraging more
out-of-court settlements.
"Jurors did not know their decision was not binding.
The two sides now will seek to work out a settlement rather
than go through a time-consuming trial.
"In siding with Burden, the jury said it would have
awarded here $225,000 damages for breach of contract, and
$100,000 for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
"But the jury denied her request for nearly $45 million
in punitive damage from the church, its founder L. Ron
Hubbard and his wife Mary Sue Hubbard.
"Burden joined the Church of Scientology with her family
in 1973 when she was 13.
"She said in the suit the church promised to promote
family unity, free her of mental and emotional problems and
even enhance her intelligence but instead was separated from
her parents, put in forced labor and fed restricted diets and
punished for lapses in performance.
"She left the church headquarters in 1977 and filed
suit in 1980.
"In a similar mock trial earlier this month, a jury
recommended the church pay $775,000 to former members Nancy
and John McLean of Ontario, Canada, for falsely suing and
invading their privacy."
U.P.I.
March 26, 1986
Regional News
DISTRIBUTION: Arizona-Nevada, California
DATELINE: TAMPA, Fla.

Now, if you can recover from the lunacy described above, you MAY become
cognizant enough to even start wondering why the dateline is Tampa,
Florida, but the distribution is Arizona-Nevada and California. Because
God works in mysterious ways, and it is His hand guiding all of this.
Just ask Gerry Armstrong.

And it is right here, in an ever-so-fitting "mock trial," that ends the
trail and the tale of Clan McLean--at least for what I've got.

I hope this contributes something to your study, and, if you'll excuse
me now, I am going out to find a HazMat team and ask them please to hose
me down. I can only take so much of this shit at a time. I don't know
how you guys deal with it.

"Your latest 'post' was longer than two paragraphs, so I didn't read it."
--boobootigger@webtv.net (Tigger)