http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6QF2H3N537672.0257986111%40Gilgamesh-frog.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Date: 19 Feb 2003 23:37:09 -0000
From: Cambridge <cambrdge@ivy.league>
Subject: Re: Call for Volunteer Chris Owen--Helpful Suggestion
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

Posted & Mailed

Mr. Owen, pursuant to my request for you to be sure and include the
testimony of Mary Sue Hubbard when posting the Armstrong case transcripts,
it perhaps was inconsiderate of me not to take special notice that your
quotation from Mary Sue's testimony included the following cite: "[Church
of Scientology of California v. Gerald Armstrong, 7 May 1984, p. 1083]"

Of course the page count of the transcript you have goes much higher than
p. 1083, as I somehow managed also to overlook, even after reading the
following exchange between you and Gerry Armstrong that took place In
message ID <5qoghq$io9$1@due.unit.no> on 18 July 1997:

GERRY ARMSTRONG: "DM is immortalized for his famous gang bang sec check on
Homer Schomer in probably 1982. Homer testified about it in the Armstrong
I trial in 1984 (LASC No. C 420153). ...Does anyone know if these trial
transcripts have ever been webbed?"

CHRIS OWEN: "They haven't been, but I have a partial copy of the transcript
and have been scanning it. You'll see it on the Web soon... (and hopefully
the whole thing eventually, when I find a complete copy of the
transcript)."

Not until later did I fully realize that your essay, "Piercing the
Corporate Veil," contained the following cite regarding Schomer's
testimony: "(an ASI staff member, Schomer in GA25, p.4493)"

Now, whether you ever found a "complete copy" of the trial transcript or
not, I realize that posting over 4,400 pages of testimony into the
newsgroup would be a considerable chore to say the least, so I have what I
hope will be a helpful suggestion:

I'm aware that Andreas Heldal-Lund has webbed much of your work on
xenu.net, "Operation Clambake," as well as having webbed many extremely
valuable legal documents. Perhaps you could create .zip files of the the
transcripts that you have used to quote from anc cite, and Andreas would be
willing to host those .zip files for you so people around the world could
download the documents in manageable chunks.

I feel this would provide a very workable approach, and the over 4,000
pages of testimony of the people I list below would be of a value to the
historical record that simply cannot be overstated.

I hope my suggestion about webbing the transcripts as .zip files through
Andreas will help you finally realize your 1997 assurance that the trial
transcript you had would be "on the Web soon."

Here, again, is the list of witnesses in Armstrong I that you have
indicated you have transcripts for:

Mary Sue Hubbard
Laurel Sullivan
Gerald Armstrong
Jocelyn Armstrong
Howard Schomer
Lyman Spurlock
Terri Gamboa
James Morrow
Tom Vorm

The list above is presented as inclusive, not exclusive.

I realize you may have many things occupying your time, as do we all, so I
hope my suggestion of simply compressing the transcripts and putting them
on the web will be of help.

I would very much appreciate it if you would at last break your
considerable and perplexing silence on this and afford me, at the very
least, the courtesy of a public response.

Thank you.

Cambridge