http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=K7U2RXSV37670.973125%40Gilgamesh-frog.org&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

From: Cambridge <cambrdge@ivy.league>
Subject: Re: Call for Volunteer Chris Owen, 3rd request
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: 18 Feb 2003 23:23:36 +0100

It was pointed out to me that perhaps the reason Chris Owen isn't
responding to my good faith request for help with access to documents to
aid in research is that for one reason or another he isn't seeing my
messages.

That seems to make the most sense. I know of his dedication to historical
accuracy and abundant presentation of documentation, and I couldn't think
of a reason why he wouldn't respond, wouldn't be willing to help fellow
researchers in efforts similar to his own concerning the same sources and
events.

I know very little about the problems sometimes reported with propagation
to various new services, and have no way of knowing whether he has the
output of certain remailers blocked or what else might be a contributing
factor, but I wonder if anyone reading this would be willing to repost this
message to ensure that he receives it.

I would be very appreciative. I'd also like to take this opportunity to
state that the source legal records that Mr. Owen cites frequently in his
own work, and for which I am requesting his help, are difficult to come
into possession of, and form a crucial primary reference record for the
general pursuit of disclosure, candor, accuracy, and equity concerning a
host of people and events central to many of the issues frequently
discussed in this forum. His help in this matter would be of immeasurable
consequence and importance not only to us in our own efforts, but to many.

I feel certain he would want to contribute in any way he can.

Below is my third iteration of my request:

Mr. Owen, I have been engaged for a good many months, in my spare time, on
a research project that has grown to proportions I could not have
anticipated. It concerns the clients of Michael Flynn.

I have been impressed by the copious cites you have made, in your own
research projects, to transcripts of testimony from the Gerald Armstrong
case and from the Julie Christofferson case.

In "Piercing the Corporate Veil," you say:

"In the following, 'GA' refers to the transcript in Church of Scientology
International v. Armstrong (Los Angeles Superior Court, decided June 1984),
preceded by the witness' name, and followed by the volume and page
numbers."

You then cite specific passages from the transcripts of the testimony of:

Laurel Sullivan
Gerald Armstrong
Jocelyn Armstrong
Howard Schomer
Lyman Spurlock
Terri Gamboa
James Morrow
Tom Vorm

The list above is presented as inclusive, not exclusive.

While your own selections from and interpretations of the transcripts have
their own value, the original records of testimony, in their pure and
unedited form, not only form an invaluable historical record themselves,
not only would be a fitting and treasured contribution to the storehouse of
public knowledge, but also, more specifically, would be of immeasurable
value to my fellow researchers and to me in our work on the Flynn cases.
Therefore I am making a public plea for you to place the transcripts from
the Armstrong and the Christofferson case in this forum of public access
for the benefit of all.

You are to be commended for devoting so much of your own spare time to
public presentation of materials as you have. In doing so, you have
certainly demonstrated both your devotion to, and resources for, making
such documents public.

I pray that you will consider the publication of the transcripts as an
altogether justified extension of your public service calling, and will see
your way clear to helping us in the successful completion of our own
research efforts.

Thank you.

Cambridge