http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=806c9c47ca640b02d58992da2754872c%40aarg.net&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:50:33 -0800
Sender: AARG! Anonymous <remailer@aarg.net>
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@aarg.net>.
Subject: Re: PRF 01 HIDDEN TIES BETWEEN IRS AND SCIENTOLOGY
From: Cambridge <cambridge@ivy.league>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

ON 2 Dec 2001 11:53:35 -0000 in message
<073GB4BR37227.5372106481@frog.gilgamesh.org>
Anonymous-Remailer@See.Comment.Header (CL) wrote:

<SNIP>

> "In its decision in Church of Scientology of California v.
> Armstrong (AR Ex. I-35; AR pages I-334 to I-336; Govt. App.
> 79-81), the Superior Court for Los Angeles County found that
> in 1981--the year before CST's formation--C.S.C. was enagaged
> in archival activities in connection with the writings of L.
> Ron Hubbard. ...One C.S.C. employee (the defendant in
> Armstrong) was referred to as the 'Hubbard Archivist.' CST,
> the plaintiff here, was formed the next year, WITH ITS
> PRINCIPAL PURPOSE BEING TO PERFORM ARCHIVAL ACTIVITIES IN
> CONNECTION WITH THE WRITINGS OF L. RON HUBBARD..."
> Defendant's Proposed Findings
> of Uncontroverted Fact
> CST v. US
> United States Claims Court
> No. 581-88 T
> C. November 1991
>
>So CST was formed on 28 May 1982--five months after Armstrong absconded
>with $5-million worth of the estate--for the PRINCIPAL PURPOSE of
>ARCHIVAL ACTIVITIES OF LRH's WORKS, with Sherman Lenske--L. Ron
>Hubbard's PERSONAL ATTORNEY FOR LRH's ESTATE--being self-installed there
>as a Special Director, supposedly "to carry out Mr. Hubbard's exact
>intentions." (Lenske, Declaration)
>
>Okay, so, there's CST, they are handling the archival work, there is L.
>Ron Hubbard's PERSONAL ATTORNEY there at CST with all the powers of a
>Special Director: THEN the Armstrong case gets filed, but not until
>August 1982--four months AFTER CST was incorporated.

Say, thanks for this! I think I just had a "cognition." ;)

I just realized that Armstrong was actually the predecessor, forerunner, of
CST. And Armstrong has even admitted that he was "working with Hubbard
lawyers in L.A." at the time that he set the archives up. The archives
certainly were never used in a biography, but they certainly did become the
core assets of CST. Also, the documents that Armstrong had taken from the
Archives: he must have given those to CST at the time of his settlement,
because it was CST who wound up in possession of the Zolin tapes, refusing
to submit them in some later proceeding, I think during Bruggink. And
Gerald Armstrong's settlement was negotiated with CST Special Director
Lawrence E. Heller.

This is all suddenly very very interesting. I mean even more interesting.

I also just realized that the chain of custody of the Archives went
directly from Armstrong to Robert Vaughn Young to the Special Directors:

Armstrong: February 1980-12 December 1981
Robert Vaughn Young: 12 December 1981-28 May 1982
CST Special Directors: 28 May 1982-

And I just fully realized that Armstrong started setting up those archives
with "Hubbard lawyers in L.A." right at the time Hubbard disappeared.

Very definitely food for thought and further pursuit. Thank you.

Cambridge